About Smile Train’s Annual Christmas Carol Concert
Join your fellow Smile Train supporters for this much-loved festive concert. Though it will be online only this year, the purpose remains the same as ever: celebrating the smiles your support brings to children in need.
Every day, 540 babies around the world are born with a cleft, even during a pandemic. Clefts are a serious health condition with potentially life-threatening complications such as difficulty eating, breathing, hearing, and speaking. Though COVID-19 has forced our partners to delay critical surgeries, thanks to your support, Smile Train’s local partners have been able to continue providing safe, high-quality cleft care everywhere it is safe to do so, strengthening local healthcare systems and spreading smiles to those who need them most.
It is altogether appropriate, then, that our concert this year falls out on Giving Tuesday, a global day of generosity and giving back. In the spirit of the day, we invite you to join us in bringing smiles and hope to children around the world this Christmas by making a special Giving Tuesday gift to Smile Train. Whatever you can give, every pound means the world to families in desperate need.
- A sing-along to Christmas carols performed by the choir and organist of The Grosvenor Chapel, Mayfair.
- A seasonal message from the Priest-In-Charge of The Grosvenor Chapel, Fr Richard Fermer.
- Special performances from Smile Train children’s choirs from our programmes in Brazil, Colombia, and Chile.
- An update from Dr Esther Njoroge on how you are helping our programmes in Africa respond to COVID-19.
- Seasonal messages from our fantastic Smile Train ambassadors.
- A special performance by Toril Azzalini-Machecler – percussion finalist in the BBC Young Musician Of The Year in 2018 and 2020, winner of Sussex Young Musician 2020, and semi-finalist in this year’s Britain’s Got Talent with the Chineke! Junior Orchestra.